Monday, June 20, 2016

Oh The Horror!

I stopped by a local Family Dollar to pick up a card and, of course, had to walk through the toy aisle. Usually quite laughable, this item caught my eye.
Something about it caused me to invest one whole dollar into the purchase of this so much awesome toy.
Was it the sad, pathetic looking soldier? Scrawny legs and deformed head?
"Kill me... Kill me now..."
How about this awesome shield, hollow battering ram, and megaphone?
Nope, it was...
This odd looking machine gun. Something about the barrel of it brought to mind of some other weapon that I've seen out there in some other property.
I think it actually looks pretty cool.
Well, the tripod is a bit dumb looking, but the gun has potential.
It's going to need some glue.
The diameter of the post of the gun is just a little too wide for the hole in the roof of the VAMP. If I decide to keep the gun, I'll alter it before I do anything to the VAMP. But there's one major issue...
It rests too far back over the hole for the crew to man it. Not enough space for someone to fire the weapon.
One possible idea would be to move the gun forward in the mounting bracket. Possible. I'll work on it over the next few days and see what happens. Maybe it was worth that $1.07 that I invested in it!

Have you bought any piece o' crap items, hoping to reuse them for your collection? Let us know about it in the comments!

1 comment:

Dr Syn said...

EXCELLENT idea for the gun, the not E-Web Blaster Cannon.


Man I want that riot shield.