Sunday, June 25, 2017

JoeCon 2017 JoeDeclassified Sightline

There was booth at JoeCon that I failed to mention in a previous post. JoeDeclassified is a group of collectors who have undertaken the mission of uncovering the history of the development of the GI Joe brand. They've uncovered numerous prototypes and drawings of amazing bits of GI Joe history.

One of their key members, Gary "Goggles" Head, died a couple years ago from a sudden heart attack. He died, I think, in the summer of 2015 and his death was a huge loss to the community. 

I never met Gary Head in person and only had marginal impact with him online. His death did have an impact on my life because I could have easily followed his path were it not for the strange events of the summer of 2016 that led me to my quadruple bypass surgery on my heart last July. Wow! Almost a year ago now.

The guys at JoeDeclassified built 1000 free Sightline figures that were in honor of Gary "Goggles" Head and just gave them away. For free.
I am fortunate that I was able to grab one of these figures at the show and this figure will always be an important part of my collection.

Like I've said before... get your shit checked out.

No comments: