Wednesday, November 22, 2017

FSS 6.0: Hardtop & Cross Hair

FSS 6.0 started shipping just a few weeks ago and the first two figures arrived in my mailbox on November 13th. My Club magazine seemed to have been running a bit behind, so it was nice to get both in the mail on the same day.
The shipment had already been "spoiled" online, which really doesn't bother me much. Everyone knows who is coming, they just don't know who is in each shipment.
First up is Hardtop and Cross Hair.
Nice to see the Defiant Crawler driver get remade in the modern format. It was a pretty safe bet that the Club would use the Tollbooth head sculpt as Hardtop. No helmet mic, but that's not a big deal to me.
The build of Hardtop is simple and effective. I'm not sure of the parts, but they certainly work well together. I would have to say that Hardtop is one of the best figures that the Club has put out. Top ten easily.
Next up is Cross Hair. This figure turned out quite well also. There was an issue with the original design regarding the web gear. Fortunately, the Club revisited their design and used a different set of web gear. Much better!
While this is a great weapon to include with Cross Hair, it really doesn't work too well. Yeah, it's cool that the rifle breaks down into the case and I suppose it was an easy to use accessory since Hasbro had recently used it with Shooter, but it has issues.
It just doesn't stay together. I couldn't get the scope to stay on long enough to take a picture. There are alternatives!
I think this rifle came with the BBTS Slaughter's Marauders Lowlight figure. It's still a bit of a cumbersome weapon, but a little more easily held by Cross Hair.

My only complaint about Cross Hair is the head sculpt. Again, I have no idea what the decision making process is for parts usage, but I'm sure there were limitations in the design. There's only so many times that you can reuse the Airborne or Dusty head sculpt. It's a minor issue.

FSS 6.0 is off to a great start! I'm excited to see who's next!

1 comment:

Barbecue17 said...

Nice set. Hardtop does look pretty faithful to the original while still capturing a few new design elements. Cross Hair isn't bad either. He's definitely one of the coolest of the characters from the New Sculpt era and this is a pretty decent version of him. Wish he had the ghilli suit, though.