Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Roadblock Returns!

The mystery 13th figure came to me with a bit of an issue. He had two upper right arms! Thankfully, the Club's customer service is top notch and they took care of the issue. I had emailed them on the day that he arrived and shipped out my wonky Roadblock on the following day.

In just a little over a week, a new Roadblock was sent back to me and he's in great shape!
Well, almost. That left knee is a little wonky, but I can live with that. Some repeated, careful bending will take care of that problem.

Now that I've got him back in hand and I've had a chance to look him over, I think that the Club did a fine job with him. There always sees to be an issue with nearly every Club figure and,, unfortunately, Roadblock does have an issue. The skin tone on his head and his body are two different shades. Just barely. Enough to notice, but not terribly bad.

Oh that head sculpt. I don't know the story, but the head sculpt is supposed to be from a cancelled Hasbro release of Roadblock. Such an amazing treat that Hasbro was able to make this mold available for the Club to use.

Overall,, he's a fine figure with decent accessories. There are issues with the gear that actually go all the way back to the original TF Roadblock. I've seen a comment about how the helmet doesn't really fit that well on Roadblock. Yeah, so what? The original Roadblock couldn't wear a helmet either.

I've always had an issue with the huge 50 cal machine gun that Roadblock carries around. Yeah, i get it, he's a big dude. But seriously, how long could anyone continue to carry that beast around? Plus the rate of fire and maintaining adequate ammo supplies would be additional issues to deal with.

My next issue is which figure becomes my "default" Roadblock? I really really like the Renegades Roadblock and this Club version is also so cool! 

Hey, maybe one of these guys is a dimensional crossover from another reality, thanks to Dr. Mindbender's failed dimensional travel experiments.

I think I need to do a post on all of the "big guys" from the past few years of GI Joe figures. Starting off with Rock/Roadblock fro Retaliation. Then from the Club and Hasbro, there's Leatherneck, Repeater, Salvo, Big Lob, Heavy Duty... anyone else? I've done a custom with Gung Ho, increasing him to the "big guy" scale. Could be an interesting post!

No comments: